Like a personal computer or laptop, in iPad also, the motherboard is a key unit that helps all other components of the device to be in connection with each other and they are able to work as one system. In this motherboard, there are many different circuits connected that help iPad function. Such as Power IC, display IC, and Wifi IC, all these and some other circuits are connected in the motherboard. Any damage to the motherboard causes disturbance to the functions of all these circuits and thus the iPad would no more work until that motherboard is repaired.
The most probable situations that can cause water damage:
- If your iPad is placed near a Glass of water or near any beverage, just as it happens in any gathering when we put our devices near our glass or coffee cup, then a slight bump to the table can cause your iPad to be water damaged.
- Ladies sometimes use the iPad in the kitchen to follow their favorite recipe, and then, if not taken care, iPad can fall into the sink.
- Students sometimes keep the iPad in the same bag in which they attach their leaky water bottle, and this can damage their device.
- Sometimes, if the iPad is handed over to children, then they as fun or mistakenly put it under rain or they may cause some other trouble to that.
Sudden effects to iPad due to water damage:
- If it doesn’t turn on after it is damaged, the power IC may get affected and it may not power on.
- Sometimes, due to this water damage, the charging IC stops working and your iPad may not charge. In such a case, you better need to take it to a professional like RepairAdvise, so it would be very to repair it.
- The headphone may also stop working in such cases due to damage in the audio IC.
- The screen may show some water spots and it becomes disturbing to use and this may increase problems later on. Again for this, you need to consult with a professional like RepairAdvise to get rid of these water sports.
Steps to be taken after Water damage:
- At first, just switch off your iPad and do nothing. Do not attempt any of the homemade remedies like placing it in rice bag or using dryer.
- Use a soft cloth to dry off its surface.
- Do not turn it on to see if it is still working. Otherwise, the IC of your iPad will be damaged quickly.
- Then without wasting much time, you need to take your device to RepairAdvise. Even the damage indicators of your iPad are not visible; you better get it checked with the professionals.
- RepairAdvise will do some chemical cleaning to your iPad to stop water to damage your device it this will also remove the moisture drops from it.
- After examining your device, RepairAdvise professionals will describe the condition to you and they will start the required repairing process.